Tocqueville 21 is Recruiting a New Blog Editor
The Tocqueville Review/La Revue Tocqueville
Call for Applications
Tocqueville 21 Blog Editor/Early Career Board Member
UPDATE: We will continue accepting applications until December 1, 2020. If you are planning to apply for this position but think you may need some extra time, please feel free to reach out and let us know.
The Tocqueville Review/La Revue Tocqueville is recruiting an editor for Tocqueville 21, the journal’s public-facing blog publishing in French and English on issues of contemporary democracy. Editors will solicit and curate essays, book reviews, and special focus series for the site. They will also be expected to contribute their own posts. Blog editors will serve as early-career members of The Tocqueville Review/La Revue Tocqueville’s editorial board.
- Serving as a co-editor of the journal’s public-facing blog, Tocqueville 21, which publishes in French and English on issues relating to contemporary democracy and Franco-American exchange
- Soliciting and editing articles, book reviews, review fora, and interviews
- Managing the blog website and social media content
- Responding to pitches and communication with presses and readers
- Coordinating regularly with The Tocqueville Review/La Revue Tocqueville on publishing projects and events
- Exploring possibilities for video and audio/podcast media to accompany Tocqueville 21’s written content
- Excellent writing skills—experience writing for a public audience is preferred
- An awareness of current academic literature in democratic theory and the history of political thought
- Familiarity with a diverse range of media sources in English required, and strongly preferred in French
- French language skills strongly preferred; other foreign language skills welcome
- Understanding of Tocqueville 21’s intellectual project and initiative to seek out new projects to further it
- Experience with (or commitment to learning) WordPress and other relevant multimedia tools
To apply for this position, please send a resume/CV and a cover letter to Stephen Sawyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and CC Jacob Hamburger (email@example.com) and Danielle Charette (firstname.lastname@example.org).